Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving at Our House

Pretty Enough to Play Drive in the Yard


Coloring's Back to Normal



I don't know why the above photo loaded sideways, 
but I took it in honor of my mother-in-law, who gave me the dish. 
My broccoli casserole, today, was a sad, sad thing in comparison to hers.


Charleigh had sparkling grape juice in her sippy. :)


When Rachel heard, on Tuesday, that we weren't going to Tennessee because of Clementine's having the croup, she showed up with a Paula Deen Ham, sweet potatoes, apples, deer sausage, and potato rolls. I wanted to lay my head over and cry. I kept thinking about the Christmas Mr. Edwards crossed the creek, his pockets full of sweet potatoes for Laura Ingalls and her family. Mr. Edwards is one of my favorite characters in literature.

Our menu today? Ham, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, potato rolls, and sparkling grape juice. I still haven't made our pumpkin cupcakes, but we've been eating Cherry M&M cookies all day.


Jim asked Clementine: "What are YOU thankful for, this Thanksgiving?"

Without missing a beat, Clementine said: "I'm thankful for my friends. Camden and Zach, Rachel and Chel, and David and Scott."

I'm thankful for them, too. These are among the friends who do life with us.


 Cade expressed thankfulness for his sisters.


Full

Still hoping to catch a movie with Cade before the night's over. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment