Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ana Bana Beana Wild Orange MeMe

My name is Clementine, but my whole, big name is something else.

I think my whole, big name is Oh My Darlin' Clementine. Did you know someone wrote a song about me and put it inside a bear? Do you know that song? Do you know that bear? It's purple. It sings: "Oh my darlin' Clementine, you are lost and gone forever; please come back, my Clementine."

My mama doesn't call me Oh My Darlin' Clementine. She calls me Ana Bana Beana Wild Orange MeMe.

The wild part is because I can roar like a dinosaur. It's not because I got bored after ten million days at home with my coughly sister. It's not because I put a pink flower in my ear last night.

My daddy shone a flashlight in my ear. He tried to pull the flower out with a snot sucker. He squirted water in my ear and put tweezers in my ear, but the flower didn't come out. He called the doctor and asked if we should go to the hospital. The doctor said no since my ear wasn't hurting.


My mama took me to see the doctor this morning. He tried to get the flower out. He hurt my ear really bad, but he didn't get the flower out. Just my blood.


 
My mama took me to see a different doctor after naptime. That doctor shone a light in my ear and said I have to go to the hospital tomorrow.

Do you know what Ana Bana Beana means? It means "when you get stuff." My daddy Ana Bana Beana-ed me tonight when he got me the dinosaur sundae instead of the baby cone.


My mama says I am my daddy's girl. Not because my daddy Ana Bana Beana-ed me. Because the doctors pulled a rock, an eraser, and a Monopoly car out of his ear when he was little. Plus a bean out of his nose.

**Clementine will have outpatient surgery tomorrow to remove the "flower?" from her left ear. The ENT doctor thinks it best to put her under based upon the location of the item and her level of distress. He does not anticipate permanent damage to her ear. She cried today at the pediatrician's office but hasn't otherwise experienced pain. (I took all the above photos, today.) Thank you for praying for our Wild Orange. Please pray for her sister, too, who continues to recover from the croup. Love, Brandee

**Update 11/17/11. All went well and quickly. We're home and resting. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment