Sunday, November 27, 2011

Movie Review: The Muppets


Awhile back, my beloved--in all his frugality and wisdom--bought four movie tickets through Google; thus, for a grand total of $33, Cade and I watched Hugo 3D Thanksgiving night, and our family of five watched The Muppets, tonight.

'Twas a rare treat, all this movie-ing. 

A man who takes his wife, an 11-year-old, a 2-year-old, and a 1-year-old to see The Muppets...30 minutes before the little ones' bedtime...and leaves the theater smiling...is a real man. Not a Muppet of a man.

Everyone in my family loved the movie for different reasons. Jim appreciated its taking him back to The Muppet Show he enjoyed on tv in the '70's, and he loved sharing the experience with the girls. I thought Cade was going to fall out of his chair, laughing, during a scene with the Barbershop Quartet [Sam the Eagle, Rowlf the Dog, Link Hogthrob and Beake] and Jack Black. The chickens (squawking out Cee Lo's "Forget You") cracked Clementine's tiny hiney up, and Charleigh chair-danced through many of the musical numbers.

As for me, I left the theater feeling like I had whole new reasons to appreciate Jason Segel (I've been a fan since Freaks and Geeks: only the BEST. TV. SHOW. EVER!!!), who infused The Muppets, a classic, with his talent and spirit. Nothing better!

Also, I was delighted by the cameo appearances of so many fun celebrities, and I'll admit: I got teary-eyed when Kermit and Miss Piggy sang "The Rainbow Connection." (Cut me a break; I'm pregnant.)

All in all: fun for my whole family (ages 1-40).  Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment