Saturday, September 17, 2011

Honk

I'm on fire.

I've so much to write. I should write, right now, a list. So I won't forget.

(Because--as I've shared very recently--I can make five store visits in one day and still manage to forget plastic cups.)

But first, this: the Starbucks pumpkin-spice something or other seems to have dried out of my point-and-click. And thank goodness, because I turned a corner, today, and drove up on this:



What an unexpected wonder.

I felt such a thrill, seeing this gaggle of Canadian Geese at what appears to be a staging area for their migration. So many geese. Perhaps they will soon take flight. But, for now?

All eyes are on this guy (gal?):


Truly. All eyes.


And I found myself wondering: who are you, white goose, that you are so respected? The look-alike Canadian Geese could shun you, but, instead, they accept you. More than that, they follow you. Why?


The white goose brings this to mind:

Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock (I Peter 5:2-3, NIV).

And I want it. I want to stand out white like the goose. I refer not to skin color (although my lake tan fades, and I will be Edward-Cullen white soon enough); I could care less about that. I mean blameless, pure.

When others rest their eyes on me, I want them to see Jesus. I want to be a good example.

Time passes. Seasons change. Geese, people travel. Lord help me make the most of what moments I'm given.

No comments:

Post a Comment