Monday, September 5, 2011

Full House = Full Heart

What is it about the fuller our house, the fuller my heart?

My brother, sister-in-law, and nephews visited for a good bit of the weekend.

My sister-in-law breathed freely in our catless, cat-hairless house.**

We ate real cheeburgers cheeseburgers at Cheeburger Cheeburger (except for Jim, who was disciplined enough to order a turkey wrap).

We bid a proper end-of-summer farewell to Bear Creek Lake. The girls were in heaven: Daddy and Brother, Uncle Buck and his family, and BFFs Camden and Zach and their families were all there! We got rained out, but not until after we (aside from my amazingly resolute husband) had eaten chocolate cake, lake-side, to wind up Charleigh's birthweek.

We played spades and Wits & Wagers.

We set up a ball pit for the little kids.

We locked the front door on the big kids, while the little kids slept.

We filled up the better part of two pews, at church.

And then--after my brother and his family headed south--the kids and I drove across the road to Rachel's for a cookout. I'm thankful she's the kind of friend who doesn't mind if I show up empty-handed!

Awesome weekend!



**Thanks be to Erin Quigley for adopting our cat. And to Jim, for purchasing a good vacuum and an HVAC system with a hospital-grade filter. And to the manufacturers (Tiger Shark, Lennox) and/or installers (Atlantic Heating & Cooling, Inc.) of these products. And a good pat on the back for me, while I'm at it, for being a vacuuming fool...mostly to eliminate fleas, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment