I imagine that--if I'm a little discouraged--so are they. I keep reminding myself: God's thoughts, ways, and timing are different than mine. I'm choosing to continue to pray. I hope you're choosing the same: even if your prayers haven't been answered, yet.
Let's just keep praying. Together.
Would you be so kind as to help me pray ahead and over September 6th? My brother will see his doctor in Baltimore that day, and my seven-year-old friend Jaimie will have surgery that day. Jaimie has a rare form of cancer. Of her surgery, her dad wrote that it "includes a clinical trial procedure which has some significant risk [but] gives [...Jaimie] the most significant chance at long term survival."
Heavenly Father, thank You so much for every single person who's taken the time to visit this virtual space and pray. Thank You for bringing us together from so many different, physical places; You are so good to make this prayer meeting possible, and I know You hear us; thank You.
Father, I lift up September 6th. I ask You to be with my brother, little Jaimie, their doctors, all the healthcare professionals attending them, all the people who love them. Heal; comfort.
Help us to be bold and persistent in our prayers, Lord. Help us not to grow discouraged. Help us to trust that You care about every detail of our lives and all the things that frighten and hurt us. Thank You that--through the blood of Your Son--every victory is ours. We just have to live our way into it. I love You and pray in Jesus's name, amen.
Now it's your turn! Would you like to participate in an old-fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere? Here are some ideas:
- You can pray about my prayer request.
- You can share a prayer request by means of a comment.
- You can share a prayer request on your personal blog and direct me to your post by means of a comment.
- You can pray about a participant's prayer request.
- You can write a prayer about my, your, or someone else's prayer request (in comments hither or yon, on your blog, etc.). If your prayer is somewhere other than this place, please direct me as you can and will.
- You can join in praying my or someone else's prayer.
- You can share an update regarding a prayer request you've made here, in the past.
Thank you again for being here, and I hope to see you next week, if not before.