Heavenly Father, what a busy time of year this is for so many of us. We and our children are learning at home, in public school, in private school, in technical school, in college, etc. Some of us feel the pressure more than others. Help us to take a deep breath and enter this school year calmly and with peace.
I pray foremost for Your protection, Lord; I think of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, last year, and know I'm not alone in battling fear over my children's safety. Place a hedge of protection around us, our children, teachers, administrators, bus drivers, etc.
Help us to be good learners, Father, and to fulfill joyfully whatever roles You have for us in our various, educational environments. Help us to support and encourage one another, and all for Your glory. In Your Son's name I pray, amen.
Now it's your turn! Would you like to participate in an old-fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere? Here are some ideas:
- You can pray about my prayer request.
- You can share a prayer request by means of a comment.
- You can share a prayer request on your personal blog and direct me to your post by means of a comment.
- You can pray about a participant's prayer request.
- You can write a prayer about my, your, or someone else's prayer request (in comments hither or yon, on your blog, etc.). If your prayer is somewhere other than this place, please direct me as you can and will.
- You can join in praying my or someone else's prayer.
- You can share an update regarding a prayer request you've made here, in the past.
Don't be alarmed if I don't post your comment or respond right away; my computer time will be extremely limited until Tuesday evening. Wednesday would be a great time to check back! Thank you again for being here, and I hope to see you next week, if not before.