Welcome to the third, old-fashioned prayer meeting in this space. Happy Friday! I hope you've had a good week.
Cade got home Saturday afternoon; a big thank-you to those of you who prayed for his safe return.
I've had the Owens family on my heart and mind all week. The seven of them have been in Kenya for just over a month, now. I can't imagine what it's like to acclimate to an entirely different country, culture, etc. Join me in praying for them?
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You so much for the Owens family. Thank You for calling them to do Your work in Kenya, and thank You for their willingness to go all in: to up and move to Africa. Hold them in Your hands during this time of transition, Father, and continue to protect them. Draw them ever closer to You, to one another, and to the beautiful people of Kenya. Bless the Owens family, Father, and bless others through them.
Help us to remember: we can serve You wherever we are. Thank You for calling us to do Your great work; make of us willing vessels. In Your Son's name I pray, amen.
Now it's your turn! Would you like to participate in an old-fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere? Here are some ideas:
- You can pray about my prayer request.
- You can share a prayer request by means of a comment.
- You can share a prayer request on your personal blog and direct me to your post by means of a comment.
- You can pray about a participant's prayer request.
- You can write a prayer about my, your, or someone else's prayer request (in comments hither or yon, on your blog, etc.). If your prayer is somewhere other than this place, please direct me as you can and will.
- You can join in praying my or someone else's prayer.
- You can share an update regarding a prayer request you've made here, in the past.
Thank you for being here, and I hope to see you again next week, if not before.
(Sorry to those of you who read this before it was quite ready; Baby Chip helped me publish prematurely, and I didn't know for a good forty minutes! Oh, well.)