Friday, August 9, 2013

Prayer Meeting of the Blogosphere (2)

Welcome to the second, old-fashioned prayer meeting in this space. I'm so glad you're here! I didn't know what would happen when I called an impromptu prayer meeting, last week. I was deeply encouraged by the response.

 
I want to update you, first of all, regarding my last prayer request. My brother and dad made it home safely. My brother went to church on Sunday and has worked some, this week. Thank you for praying for him. God heard your prayers and continues to answer them.

I believe with all my heart in the power of prayer.


This week, I'd like to request prayer for my son Cade's stepmom. I don't want to go into a lot of details but don't think she'll mind my sharing: she sustained an injury at work back around the holidays, and she hasn't yet recovered fully. 

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Tabitha and her kind heart. She's been so good to Cade; thank You, and thank You for the example she's been to all of us during the long months since her injury: so patient, Father. I ask, now, for her healing: whether instantaneous or through the wisdom and work of her doctors. I ask that she'll soon be able to live her life more fully. Please grant her, Jason, and Cade a safe trip home from vacation.

I lift up anyone reading this right now, Father, who struggles in living peaceably with someone else. Some relationships are dangerous, toxic, and best avoided; others are healthy but maybe a little uncomfortable or unconventional. Give us the wisdom, Father, to know the difference. Thank You for Tabitha's and my genuine love for one another. What a wonderful and constant reminder to me that You can redeem any situation into which I invite You; thank You for being the Great Redeemer! In Your Son's name I pray, amen.


Now it's your turn! Would you like to participate in an old-fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere? Here are some ideas:
  • You can pray about my prayer request.
  • You can share a prayer request by means of a comment.
  • You can share a prayer request on your personal blog and direct me to your post by means of a comment.
  • You can pray about a participant's prayer request.
  • You can write a prayer about my, your, or someone else's prayer request (in comments hither or yon, on your blog, etc.). If your prayer is somewhere other than this place, please direct me as you can and will.
  • You can join in praying my or someone else's prayer.
  • You can share an update regarding a prayer request you've made here, in the past.


Thank you so much for being here! I hope to see you for next Friday's prayer meeting, if not before. (As our family preacher Rob would say: I'll see you here, there, or in the air!)

13 comments:

  1. Requesting prayer for a friend's son named John - in New Mexico - who is currently hooking in hard with the latino gang culture and dopers. That God's will be done in his life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rick, for being here!

      Heavenly Father, I lift John up to You. I ask Your protection over him in every respect. I ask boldly for You to provide a way out. I ask that You will call him, that he will respond. And I pray Your comfort and peace for everyone who loves John. In Your Son's name I pray, amen.

      Delete
    2. God, that you breathe for the disenfranchised, we thank you, that you are present on the streets and in back alleys, we thank you, that you work on our hearts and draw us to compassion for others, we thank you. Please wrap your beloved child John in your love, and let him know your patience and endurance that he will turn towards you and find the greatest peace. Amen.

      Delete
    3. God, that you are present in the streets and the back alleys of our cities we thank you, that you offer hope to the disenfranchised we thank you, that you break our hearts and open them to compassion for others we thank you. Please heal this family, show John your faithfulness and your peace, give him a place to rest. Amen.

      Delete
  2. Praying for Tabitha! I would like prayer for a wounded young husband and father that my husband is trying to mentor. (My hubs is a pastor.) My husband needs a lot of Holy Spiriti wisdom and God's love as he works with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father, thank You for Elizabeth, her husband, and their servant hearts. I ask Your wisdom and discernment for Elizabeth's husband, especially as he guides this one in pain. I pray that this young man will really feel how much You care about him. I ask that he will draw closer to You during this time so he can look back and see that You worked all things for his good. We love and thank You. In Your Son's name I pray, amen.

      Delete
    2. God, thank you so much for planting your love in our hearts, that we want to take care of each other, and mentor each other. Teach us to get out of your way, be channels for it. Bless this teacher, and his student, that they will both teach each other, and love will be the greater for it. Amen.

      Delete
  3. Amen to your prayers for Tabitha. May the Lord strengthen her and Jason in drawing closer to each other and to Him in the unique challenges chronic pain places on a marriage. May He protect, preserve, and keep them in His grace.

    Prayer request for my sister "Mezzo," that she would receive a good job offer from the college where she auditioned/interviewed yesterday or that the Lord would make no tarrying in providing her supplemental income needs.

    Good idea, friend! Love you across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heavenly Father, I come before You asking Your provision for Christina's sister. I ask for the right job at the right time, Father. Please provide financially in the interim. I ask, too, Your hand upon Christina: her health, her marriage, her family, her friendships, her ministry. So thankful for her. In Your Son's name I pray, amen.

      Delete
  4. Dear God, I pray that You would grant complete healing to Tabitha. I pray You would draw her closer to You as she trusts You during this time. I thank You for Brandee's willingness to pray for her, and that You would bless both of these women in the unique relationship that they have in being an influence in Cade's life. In Jesus' name - Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dear Amanda. I love it when you pray for me.

      Delete
  5. Brandee... You're so beautiful.

    I've given myself a deadline to send out the latest draft of my memoir, which is a spiritual memoir of sorts. Pray that I don't chicken out. (again) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Esther. Thank you so much for your prayers over us in this space. I'm so excited to read about this memoir; I know you've written beautifully, as you always do.

      Heavenly Father, thank You for Esther and the amazing mind You've given her, also her ability to write out her thoughts. Thank You for the unusual path on which You've set her. Thank You for her open mind and heart; for her willingness to adventure and learn and step out of her comfort zone; for her love for her husband and children. I know You have just so much in store for Esther; thank You. Please make her brave and bold in her storytelling and memoir sending. Continue, Father, to fill her with Your light and love and peace. We love You so. In Your Son's name I pray, amen.

      Delete