Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I worked very hard in preparing for Valentine's Day, this year.

I made this* for Jim. The words in silver are the lyrics to "Come Rain or Come Shine";
 we danced to the Ray Charles version on our wedding day.


The girls and I made two of these from their handprints: one for Camden, and one for Zach.


Here's a photo of my present for Rachel. I have an identical one for Chel.


I made lots of cupcakes so as to share, today, with our friends at the adult home.


BUT...guess what? I woke up hacking up a lung, 
my chest all tight like when I used to smoke a pack a day.
(It appears as though part of my Valentine's gift from my beloved is his cold.)
So all plans have been cancelled, 
and I'm sitting here on the couch in my penguin jams.

We enjoyed cupcakes for breakfast. Also giant carrots and red licorice.
I know. It was just easiest to give them what they wanted.


 

 

I will say: I've already enjoyed looking back at Valentine's Day 2011.
So much has changed. So much has stayed the same.
I'm wishing you lots of love, today.

*all projects except cupcakes inspired by Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment