Thursday, February 2, 2012

Free or Very Very Cheap

Sometimes, when I'm sad, I play this game with myself called "What Can I Do for Free or Very Very Cheap That Would Make Me Feel Better?" Long game-name, I know. But I love that it pretty much explains the game. Nice, right?

I don't much like reading game instructions. We have a couple unopened board games, right now, just because I know: by the time I figure out how to play, I won't want to play, anymore. Does anyone else feel this way?

I don't particularly like playing Risk because I have to reread the game instructions every time, also because I have this memory of setting up the entire game (which takes forever), once, only to bump the board and send a zillion, little multicolored soldiers and horses flying off the face of the earth. Distressing.

The one great thing about playing Risk is being able to answer the question: "What are you doing?" like that lab rat The Brain: "Trying to take over the world." 

Anyway, sometimes it doesn't work: the "What Can I Do for Free or Very Very Cheap That Would Make Me Feel Better" game. Because sometimes there's nothing we can do to make ourselves feel better, and, yes--even though you won't want to hear it--I'm including praying and reading the Bible.

Hang in there. Just hold on, Nelly.

We should pray and read the Bible, anyway.

But my point is moreso that sometimes there's nothing we can do to make ourselves feel better because the comforting is the Lord's work, and we just have to wait for Him to provide an answer...or at least an Elmo Boo Boo Buddy Reusable Cold Pack. And He will. The victory has already been won; we just have to walk (or crawl) our way into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment