Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Love Story

When Darlene called and asked if I'd like some company, I said: "I've been thinking I'd like to take the girls to the National Zoo, tomorrow, to see an elephant. Would you like to go with us?"

As it turns out, Darlene loves a spontaneous road trip, so--to my delight and surprise--she jumped right on board, and a last-minute plan was hatched.

D.C. is over two hours away, and we left the zoo nigh about rush hour, so we spent a lot of time in my minivan, yesterday. We were gone twelve hours, all told. But it was one of those days when I felt--start to finish--the love of my Heavenly Father.

I feel sure He planned every detail of my trip.

He knew it would make me feel better to see an elephant. He knew it would make me feel better to spend the day outside, breathing in fresh air and soaking in sunlight. He knew Jim would feel comfortable about my going only if I had an adult, traveling companion, and He knew Darlene--for many reasons--would fit the bill perfectly.

And I know in my heart: God had special blessings in mind for Darlene and the girls, too. We had a wonderful day. (Zoo animals are totally my love language, but colorful vintage clothing runs a close second.)








No comments:

Post a Comment