Sunday, February 5, 2012

For My Brother



My friend Izabel encouraged me, this morning, to pray scripture for my brother, which is one thing I haven't been doing. I know it's no coincidence that--just last night--I ran into Psalm 91 and thought of him. I've decided to pray this psalm for him on a daily basis until his life has been eliminated of its present difficulties. If you feel led to pray Psalm 91 for him--today, any day, or every day--please, and thank you.

Dear Heavenly Father:

My brother Carl Shafer II dwells in Your secret place and abides under Your shadow. He will say that You are his refuge and fortress. In You will he trust. Surely You will deliver him from the snare of the bird hunter and from the deadly disease. You will cover him with Your feathers, and under Your wings will he trust. Your truth will be his shield and buckler. He will not be afraid of the terror by night; the arrow that flies by day; the disease that walks in darkness; or the suffering that comes at noonday. A thousand shall fall at his side and ten thousand at his right hand, but nothing bad will come near him. With his eyes he will watch and see the wicked punished. Because he has made You (my refuge) his habitation, no evil will befall him, and no plague will come near his dwelling. For You will give Your angels charge over him, to keep him in all his ways. The angels will bear him up in their hands, lest he dash his foot against a stone. He will tread upon the lion and adder, also trample the young lion and dragon under his feet. Because he has set his love upon You, deliver him: set him on high, because he knows Your name. He will call upon You, and You will answer him: You will be with him in trouble; You will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will You satisfy him, and show him Your salvation.

May it be so, Father. We love and thank You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment