Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm a Mess, Pt. 4

Click the photo to visit the source.

So Bob had a Psalm, and he knew it. God knew it, too, because He told me to pray it just before Bob died, before I knew it was Bob's.

My brother has a Psalm, too. I've seen, personally, one of the angels who keeps him from dashing his (sometimes numb) foot; it's really, really tall.

And I...I have a Psalm. I have my very own Psalm. God's led me to it over and over since the day I started to miscarry. It's Psalm 40*.

I have waited patiently for the Lord, and He has inclined unto me and heard my cry. He has brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and trust in the Lord. 

I am blessed because I trust the Lord, because I don't respect the proud or turn aside to lies. God has done wonderful things! He has made great plans for me: too many to list or count. He doesn't want sacrifices or grain offerings from me, burnt offerings or sin offerings from me. He just wants me, and I come. I offer myself to him, ready to do what is written of me in the book. I delight to do His will, and His law is within my heart.

I have preached righteousness in the great congregation, and the Lord knows I will never stop. I have not hidden His righteousness within my heart; I have declared His faithfulness and salvation, His loving kindness and truth. He will not withhold His mercy from me; He will preserve me continually with His loving kindness and truth. 

Countless evils have surrounded me and my own sins--which are greater in number than the hairs on my head---have gripped me so I can't look up. I've lost my courage at points, but the Lord has delivered me and hurried to help me, and He will continue to do so.

Those who seek to destroy my soul will be ashamed, confounded, and driven backward. If they laugh at me, God will make them too embarrassed to speak! On the other hand, those who seek Him will rejoice and be glad in Him. Those who love being saved will say: "The Lord be magnified! Praise the Lord!"

I am poor and needy. I am a mess! I am nothing and have nothing, but the Lord thinks of me, and He will make something of me!!! He can do it; He has what it takes! He is my help and my deliverer, and He will never tarry or be late. 


The Lord has brought me up out of the pit, and I'm a mess, y'all, but He's going to make something of me.  I can't encourage you enough: if you haven't already found it, go; find your Psalm. Hide those words in your heart, and speak their promises aloud as needed. 

*based primarily on the KJV, with a little bit of help from Easy-to-Read and MSG.

No comments:

Post a Comment