Monday, June 27, 2011

My Career

Photo by Rachel Huff
Charleigh (almost 10 mos.), Cade (almost 11.5), Clementine (28 mos.)

I received a letter, a real letter!, from a dear friend the other day.  She's 93.  She's not my grandmother, but she is the grandmother of three of my first cousins, and we all call her Gran.  At the end of her letter, Gran asked: "Whatever happened to your career?"

I realized with a start: I haven't been in the classroom for three years.  I've been working hard as a stay-at-home mom, but the time has flown, which proves I've been having fun. 

I'm growing and learning, just like my children.

We spent our Monday with friends, at the lake.  Rachel took the above photo.  I cried when I saw it.  I don't have the words to say why, exactly, but I'm so very thankful to God for every precious moment I have at home (or out and about) with my children.  My cup overflows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment