Friday, June 3, 2011

Drawing Near


I hear her calling and slip out of my bed and into her bedroom, where she scrambles from her little bed to greet me.  She says: "I want to snuggle with you, Mommy," and she takes my hand.

Downstairs, I give her a cup of milk, and we climb into her daddy's chair.  She leans against me and says: "My best friend, Mommy."

Then she climbs into my lap, tucks her head under my chin, and sings, quietly, her version of the Barney song: "You love me, you love me, a happy family, a big hug and a kiss for me!" and she looks back, for a smooch.

And I think: oh, Clementine, you wise little teacher.  As glad as my heart feels for these moments alone with you, how glad does my Heavenly Father's heart feel, for moments alone, with me?


But it is good for me to draw near to God:
I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
that I may declare all thy works.
Psalm 73:28

No comments:

Post a Comment