Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Clementine and the One Bear

Goldilocks was very tired by this time, so she went upstairs to the bedroom. 
She lay down in the first bed, but it was too hard.
Then she lay in the second bed, but it was too soft.
Then she lay down in the third bed and it was just right. 
Goldilocks fell asleep.


A golden-headed child, we have not.  We do, however, have a child with locks.  That child slept in her new, toddler bed for the first time, last night.

When I tucked her in, I warned: "MeMe, if you get out of bed, even one time, you'll have to sleep in your crib."

"Ok, Mommy," she said. 

She slept through the night and woke her sister and me up at 10 AM, singing from her little bed.  Sister and I went into her room, and Clementine and I had this exchange:

"MeMe!  You stayed in your bed all night!"

"Mmm-hmm."

"Do you like your little bed?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"MeMe!  Great job!  You're a big girl!"

"Thanks!"  (And she beamed.)

Oh, but that all transitions were so easy...



I'm happy I managed to capture the one bear, for you.
Too bad she's upside-down.
She's eyeless, anyway. (I had to remove her eyes, for safety.)
She was my bear; Aunt Joyce made her from a coat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment