Monday, February 28, 2011

Love Has a Voice

Love has a voice. The voice
Issues from darkness, says
“I know you can’t see me, but
Walk toward me. Here I am.”

Young love has the voice of a
Starlet, breathy, and ears perk,
Strain to hear its words and
Accompanying, fluttery lashes.

Mature love’s voice is that of a
Mama cooking in her kitchen:
Chatty, cheerful, confident,
Overcoming tv, kids, pots, pans.

Even shattered love has a voice,
Though no one wants to hear it.
It calls in its quivery, tiny way:
“How could you do this to me?”

If continually silent, love is
Giving up, refusing, departing,
Ending, starving, dying. Or dead.
But there may yet be a little hope.

Each person chooses love, or not.
I, you, can call in darkness, and
Try to initiate a conversation…
Listen for an echo, or a reply.

***

I wrote this 09/22/09 and posted it, originally, on facebook.  I posted it here, tonight, as a reminder to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment