Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Family Vacation 2013: Chicago Land, Pt. 2

Before reconnecting with the "big boys," Erin and I took the little kids to Niles, where they tried to push over the Leaning Tower (a 1/2 size copy of the original, in Pisa). Can you see the little poots, in the photo, below? I can't even imagine what it must be like to stand near the Leaning Tower of Pisa.



While in Niles, we also took the little kids to hang out on a couch with Honest Abe. These sorts of things amuse me; besides, I was thinking of Erin's and my good friend Erin Quigley because...you know that Barbara Mandrell song: "I Was Country (When Country Wasn't Cool)?" Yeah, well, Erin Quigley was a Lincoln fan when Lincoln wasn't cool. Not that Lincoln was ever uncool, in reality, just that we were college kids, and everyone had a movie or music poster on his or her dorm-room wall...everyone, that is, except Erin Quigley. She had an Abraham Lincoln poster on her dorm-room wall. So here's to you, Erin Quigley, and God bless you for always, always being your own person and for having sense long before we did and loving us, anyhow. Here's to you, My Love: Lincoln on a couch in Niles, Illinois.



Okay, so, train restaurants are evidently a thing in the Chicago area, and when I say "train restaurants," I mean restaurants wherein one's hamburger and fries are delivered via a train. As I've already blogged, Jim and I had agreed to avoid restaurants while on vacation, for the most part, but had planned before leaving to give the girls a train-restaurant experience. Erin suggested All Aboard, a train restaurant near their home.

I look back at my photos, and Jim and Cade seem more enthralled than anyone else. Let's compare the two photos below; shall we?



 I'm just playing around; we all had a great time. But the photos do make me laugh.
  
We had many more adventures after our early dinner, but I'm going to have a hard time narrowing down my images, so I'll save them for the next post. Besides, my brother's coming for a visit, tomorrow (thus, my exceedingly good mood), and my living room's trashed.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a globe trotter. What are the chances you will be trotting on down to TN? I think you owe me a heart to heart and some french toast. :) Plus I gotta meet the new addition.

    ReplyDelete