Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Contain Multitudes, Pt. 1

I've been a little thin-skinned, lately, and a little backed up with both poop and words. You may be thinking: "TMI!" right now, but I find the truth even more appealing that usual. And I blame it all on a person whom pregnancy.com says is the size of a lentil.

I'm trying to find a way to tell you about something the Holy Spirit is teaching me through both written words and whispers, but I'm not quite there. I'm a little sluggish in my processing. Also? I keep nodding off.

But profundity is coming to this blog as sure as Santa is coming to this house. Speaking of which, lemme just tell you: Santa and his elves know about my children's terrible behavior, and my kids are totally unfazed. The size of their caring makes a lentil look huge, in comparison. They aren't giving a figurative crap any more than I'm giving a literal one.

All three of my kids have been giving me a ride. And can I just confess? I'm tempted to put Clementine in Time Out and lie down for a nap. I wonder how long she would sit on her little stool before waking me up.

Don't miss the irony of the shirt.

Lest you doubt Charleigh's participation in on this misbehaving business, be advised: her best words are: I DON'T WANT IT!, MINE!, NO!, and DOWN! She was screaming: "DOWN!" in this photo, actually:


I was just trying to get a great photo of her wearing her daddy's 39-year-old overalls for a blog post I wanted to entitle "A Case for Hoarding."

Thank you, Friends, for reading to the end of this post. I'm guessing it's a mite confusing to read about poop, the Holy Spirit, Santa, bad behavior, and hoarding in one fell swoop. But you do know what Walt said, right? "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes" (Whitman, not Disney).

I don't. Contain multitudes, that is. I contain only three: the Holy Spirit, Lentil, and myself.

But, interestingly enough, when I write again, it will be about someone in scripture who really did contain multitudes. I'm hoping that's enough of a hook to bring you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment