Charleigh (10 mos.)
- Waves like a beauty-pageant contestent.
- Drinks juice from a regular (hard-topped, no-handled) sippy cup. Has never drunk from either a bottle or a soft-topped, handled sippy cup. (Obviously, I think she's a genius.)
- Crawls and pulls up. Has been caught standing, a couple times, without support.
- Says "Ma-ma," "Da-da," "Hi," "Hi, Da-da," and, "No."
- Ate eggs and ice-cream for the first time over the holiday weekend.
- Loves bathing and swimming.
- Puts absolutely everything in her mouth. Scary!
- Is extremely flexible and has fallen asleep--no joke--with her foot on top of her head. I'm thinking future in ballet?
- Still sleeps in my arms.
- Still has bright red hair. And blueish eyes.
Funny Charleigh story: today, Jim took us for lunch at El Cerro Azul. Charleigh had her own serving of rice. I gave her a couple chunks of raw tomato (which I don't eat) from my plate. As she was eating, her face turned red, she got a funny look on her face, and she started panting a little. I didn't understand it because I knew she wasn't choking. Later (after giving her more tomatoes), I realized they had been mixed with (and flavored by) jalapenos. Poor Charleigh.
Clementine (2 yrs., 4 mos.)
- Says, instead of soakin' wet, "soapin' wet." Calls a chalkboard a "skateboard." And a microphone a "microburst." (You can tell there's been a lot of storm talk in these parts.)
- Speaks mostly in sentences, now.
- Has started, just this week, adding "so much" to her I love yous: something she picked up from one of my parents, over the weekend. :)
- Insists upon putting on her own clothes and shoes.
- May well have the gift of encouragement. ("Great job your coloring, Mommy!")
- Loves to say, "Thank you!" and, "You're welcome!" "Please" is a work in progress.
- Is a big. daddy's. girl.
- Sings most all the time. Loves nursery rhymes.
- Has a special, "yellow baby" (a baby doll dressed in yellow).
- Loves to color and work puzzles.
- Loves animals and babies, people in costumes, giant statues.
- Has many imaginary, phone conversations. Is, in general, a social force.
- Sleeps beautifully in her "big-girl bed."
- Is an easily-bored, busy bee.
Cade (11 yrs., 5 mos.)
- Managed a straight-A average again, this year. The A in social studies was by the skin of his teeth and as close to a B as possible.
- Graduated with his Senior Brown Belt in karate on June 30th. Black Belt testing is scheduled for May 2012.
- Loves Boy Scouts.
- Sings soprano (for now) in the church choir.
- Will likely play clarinet next year?
- Continues to read voraciously.
- Loves video games, just like every other boy his age.
- Got a fantastic haircut, at the hands of my brother, last week.
- Best. big. brother. ever.
|My Dad, Older Nephew, and Cade on a Big Hike|
(Recording these things while giving thanks, to God,
for the beautiful children with whom I have been blessed and entrusted.)