Thursday, July 28, 2011

8 Days with Erin

Day #1
  • Erin's & Mira's arrival from Chicago
  • Homemade apple dumplin's

Day #2
  • Play date with Rachel & Zach
  • Mira's birthday celebration

Day #3
Road trip to East Tennessee


Day #4
  • 5th Annual Scott County Ladies' Retreat
  • Visit with my family in Scott County


Day #5
  • Church at Millbranch Baptist, with Stacey
  • Visit to Maryville College (the alma mater)
  • Visit with Jim's mom, in Knoxville

Day #6
  • Trip to Gatlinburg
  • On the road again, like Willie

Day #7
  • Dog tired
  • Photos at Sears

Day #8
  • Bear Creek Lake
  • I put my heart on a plane.

I'll see you in October, Erin.
The string feels taut.
But, as we both know, 
Robert Southey got it right when he wrote:
"No distance of place or lapse of time
can lessen the friendship of those who are
thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth."

 I love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment