(Random, happy updates for those of you who've been wondering.
And especially for those of you who've been praying.)
- The exterminator returned for the third time last week. Since then, we've seen three live fleas. We didn't see any live fleas, yesterday. I hesitate to proclaim the plague behind us because--without going into disgusting details regarding life cycle--it can be complicated, with fleas. And even one flea can present serious problems for Clementine.
- Clementine is healing. We were blessed to celebrate Memorial Day with dear friends, and the chlorine in their pool--in one hour--did more to help Clementine than oral antibiotics, antibiotic ointment, antibacterial spray, Aquaphor, calamine, the Itch Eraser, baking soda, and liquid and regular bandaids. Combined!
- Cade's poison ivy is healing, nicely.
- Cade's attitude has improved dramatically. Jim and I have addressed slip-ups with consistency and praised with care, when praise has been due. Tension has lifted between Cade and Jim. Yay for peace in the home!
- Someone blessed us in giving us a beautiful! toddler bed over the weekend. So Clementine's days of sleeping in the crib (and Charleigh's days of sleeping in my arms!) are, perhaps, numbered?
- We turned our addition into a play room over the long weekend. I am still moving and sorting toys but am moving quickly toward reclaiming our main living space.
- We've tried out different kid- or family-friendly devotionals in the past but happened to find one at a thrift store, over the weekend, that we really like! We're reading and sharing at dinnertime and recording our thoughts, with ink, in the book.
- Clementine continues praying at dinnertime, and her prayer has evolved from "God. Food. Amen," to "Thank you, God, for the food. Amen." What a blessing to hear her little voice praying those words!
Thank you for every prayer you've prayed for us.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18