Sunday, May 15, 2011

Making, from Lemons, Lemonade

(Or: My Weekend of Making Lemonade from the Biggest, Sourest, Yellowist Lemons in Town)
  • Remind myself of Oprah's writing (after one of her dogs died) something like: what is it I can learn from this that nothing else can teach me?  Ask myself what I can learn from my situation.
  • Remind myself that all things will work together for good because I love God and have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
  • Request prayer.
  • Go from mid-length to short.
  • Remember that baking soda takes the sting out of bee stings.  Wonder if it will take the itch out of flea bites?  Make a paste and dot the Wild Orange.  Allow myself to laugh when she runs, diapered and dusty, into the living room and announces: "Look, Daddy!  I a giant cookie!"  (The baking soda does seem comforting, by the way, so I dotted her a second time, tonight.)
  • Vacuum.
  • Do the Sunday school / church thing with the family plus Cade's our curly-headed friend.
  •  Facilitate a gentle family meeting in which I draw a complex (but easily understood) analogy between fleas and behavioral issues.  Put a plan in motion.  Join hands and pray.  Move a step closer to thanking God for the fleas.
  • Donate some unused items.
  • Clean out and vacuum van.
  • Flea-bomb house.
  • In an attempt to make the mountain manageable, launder 75% of our dirty laundry--at one fell swoop--at the laundromat.
  • Watch MeMe blow bubbles and ride her tricycle at the laundromat.



"I do it!"

 

  • Buy peach milkshakes for all.
  • Make the children's beds with fresh sheets and blankets.
  • Vacuum some more.
  • Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment