(Or: My Weekend of Making Lemonade from the Biggest, Sourest, Yellowist Lemons in Town)
- Remind myself of Oprah's writing (after one of her dogs died) something like: what is it I can learn from this that nothing else can teach me? Ask myself what I can learn from my situation.
- Remind myself that all things will work together for good because I love God and have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
- Request prayer.
- Go from mid-length to short.
- Remember that baking soda takes the sting out of bee stings. Wonder if it will take the itch out of flea bites? Make a paste and dot the Wild Orange. Allow myself to laugh when she runs, diapered and dusty, into the living room and announces: "Look, Daddy! I a giant cookie!" (The baking soda does seem comforting, by the way, so I dotted her a second time, tonight.)
- Do the Sunday school / church thing with the family plus
Cade'sour curly-headed friend.
- Facilitate a gentle family meeting in which I draw a complex (but easily understood) analogy between fleas and behavioral issues. Put a plan in motion. Join hands and pray. Move a step closer to thanking God for the fleas.
- Donate some unused items.
- Clean out and vacuum van.
- Flea-bomb house.
- In an attempt to make the mountain manageable, launder 75% of our dirty laundry--at one fell swoop--at the laundromat.
- Watch MeMe blow bubbles and ride her tricycle at the laundromat.
|"I do it!"|
- Buy peach milkshakes for all.
- Make the children's beds with fresh sheets and blankets.
- Vacuum some more.