Saturday, April 2, 2011

Good Day

My day started off with a trip to my dentist's office.  I quite like my dentist; he's very charming and gentle, especially considering that he's about fifteen.  Even so, his office ranks even lower on my "favorite office" list than my baby catcher's office. 

The trip to my dentist's office may well have ruined my day were it not for the two words that make me feel more like a kid than any others: "No cavities!"  Woo hoo!  Considering that I have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for the past thirty-four months, my dentist could've knocked me over with a feather.  Truly, so much calcium has been drained from my body (and, tragically, so many mornings have passed without a good brushing for this zombie) that I can hardly believe I have a tooth left in my noggin, let alone that I am cavity-free.

The three books I ordered for a new and exciting project arrived in the middle of the day.  Also, because Baby Charleigh took a long nap (Another miracle!), I managed to bake and wrap a couple dozen cookies on sticks for Cade's Boy Scout troop.

But the best part of my good day was Cheeburger Cheeburger with my beloved--sans children--thanks to Pastor David and his wife Beth, who (for love) came to our house and babysat.  If that's not an incredible example of shepherds caring for their sheepsies, I don't know what is, so a huge thank you to them!

Beth & Pastor David. I swiped this photo from his fb page.
They won't complain. (Out of fear that I'll replace it w/ some less flattering pics from VBS.)


No comments:

Post a Comment