Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Own It: Smart Cookies Fail Forward

This blog post fulfills the last requirement for my 5 Habits of Highly Creative Teachers class.


The final module revolves around the subjects of failing and thriving. My definition of failure is the irreversible ending of a project or relationship. I considered both project and relationship failures when completing the exercises and probably enjoyed writing about the project failure more, if only because it isn't a true failure, yet, and I'm able to view it with optimism.


The outcome to the exercise was expected, but it's good to see my words in black and white. I know what I need to do to improve the situation with the project, and all that's left is the doing it. Sitting on my hands isn't working out.


I've completed my personal journey map of the class in Google docs, and you can view it by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandee,

    Nice to be here again. What is this project you're working on, and what is it for?

    The concept of failure and how important it is seems to be coming up from several corners for me. TED talks, (Is it Renae Brown?), here, and elsewhere. It's freeing and wise advice. Thanks.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete