I'm moving a little slowly, this morning, having returned home late last night from a quick trip to Maryland (more on that, later). All three little kids have taken a dose of Tylenol, and the baby is still feverish and lying against me as I type. We'll rest, today.
I've struggled, these last few weeks, but my prayer is of gratitude:
Father, thank You. Just thank You. Thank You for sending Your perfect--Your only!--Son to this broken place to die for broken people. Thank You for loving us in spite of our sins and shortcomings. Thank You for forgiving repentant hearts: for being great enough to put it out of Your mind so it doesn't hinder relationships. Thank You for refusing stubbornly to leave or forsake Your children: for walking with us though our pains and struggles and despite our weaknesses and failures. You are so good. In Your Son's name I pray, amen.
Now it's your turn! Would you like to participate in an old-fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere? Here are some ideas:
- You can pray about my prayer request.
- You can share a prayer request by means of a comment.
- You can share a prayer request on your personal blog and direct me to your post by means of a comment.
- You can pray about a participant's prayer request.
- You can write a prayer about my, your, or someone else's prayer request (in comments hither or yon, on your blog, etc.). If your prayer is somewhere other than this place, please direct me as you can and will.
- You can join in praying my or someone else's prayer.
- You can share an update regarding a prayer request you've made here, in the past.
Thank you again for being here, and I hope to see you next week, if not before.