Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Family Adventure 2012, Pt. 1

"I've been thinking," he said. "We should go away for a few days." I perked up. He was speaking my love language.

I commenced to planning the adventure part, and he, nodding all the while, did his Jim thing and started looking for deals.

My ex-husband ever-so-generously agreed to give up Father's Day with his only child, and the mother of Cade's friend Evan agreed to send him, too. So we--a party of six--hit the road around 1 pm on Friday and traveled as far as Cumberland, Maryland.

Jim had booked our room at the Fairfield, so we ate dinner at the Crabby Pig (Charleigh alone was enthusiastic about the food!), and the kids and I checked out the towpath of the C&O Canal, for which Cumberland is the western terminus. My dad and I had ridden the Canal on horseback when I was eight or nine years old (camping along the way), and I enjoyed visiting it again, even if just for a few moments.







Then it was swimming time at the hotel, and the girls enjoyed a glow-stick bath, which is becoming sort of a tradition when we travel.



The next morning, we got up, ate breakfast, and headed to Ligonier, Pennsylvania, where our adventure continued in the most magical way: stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment