Saturday, November 30, 2013

Prayer Meeting of the Blogosphere (17)

A day late, a dollar short: this is so often me, but welcome to the seventeenth, old-fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere.

Today, I'm going to pray over the season:

Heavenly Father, I want to thank you for these past few days with my family. Help us to never take for granted those occasions when we can gather together. I missed my brother, this Thanksgiving, and ask Your hand upon him as he prepares for another surgery. Please, Lord, may it be the last of its kind and bring an end to his pain. Continue to watch over his wife and children, and help us to trust You and experience Your peace. Father, I lift up to You those for whom these holidays are difficult because of loss or pain or grief. May we cast a little light into their darkness, Lord; open our eyes to how we might bless. In Jesus's name I pray, amen.


Now it's your turn! Would you like to participate in an old-fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere? Here are some ideas:

  • You can pray about my prayer request.
  • You can share a prayer request by means of a comment.
  • You can share a prayer request on your personal blog and direct me to your post by means of a comment.
  • You can pray about a participant's prayer request.
  • You can write a prayer about my, your, or someone else's prayer request (in comments hither or yon, on your blog, etc.). If your prayer is somewhere other than this place, please direct me as you can and  will.
  • You can join in praying my or someone else's prayer.
  • You can share an update regarding a prayer request you've made here, in the past. 

God love you, Friend. I hope to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment